- Bed & Breakfast
- Thornton-le-Dale, North Yorkshire
Bridgefoot House is a welcoming and charming guest house situated by a trout stream in the pretty North York Moors National Park village of Thornton-le-Dale. This classic 17th-century country house was built for the schoolmaster of the grammar school set up by Lady Lumley. The distinctive upper bay balcony window was added in 1901 and is a familiar landmark in the village.
It is located next to famous Beck Isle Cottage, one of the most photographed houses in the UK and often featured on jigsaws, chocolate boxes and calendars.
We offer comfortable non-smoking accommodation for visitors to this area of outstanding natural beauty. After a good night’s sleep, you can enjoy your chosen Yorkshire breakfast in our elegant dining room overlooking the garden, before embarking on your day’s activities.
In October 2012 we were delighted to receive a VisitEngland Silver Award for high quality accommodation and customer service. Lindsey also achieved a VisitEngland Breakfast Award.
- 5 doubles, 2 twins, 2 family rooms, all ensuite
- Central heating, TV with freeview, hospitality tray, radio alarm, hairdryer in rooms.
- Off road parking.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Secure bicycle lock-up and clothes drying facility.
- Close to train and bus.
- Walking distance to village shops, pubs, restaurants
- Full Yorkshire breakfast using local produce included